Stay Safe. Stay Connected.
The challenging times we find ourselves in requires Reaching Families to reinvent how it works, use technology and creativity to reach families in need and find new ways of ensuring parents and families in our community can stay connected. Building on our experience providing information, training and peer support we will be adjusting our work to offer parents and families the following wide range of support during the Coronavirus outbreak:
- We will continue to provide up-to-date INFORMATION on Coronavirus including researching and publishing a series of relevant FACT SHEETS for our families.
Please check our General Information and FAQs page and Facebook news page for regular updates. We will start work on our fact sheets right away.
- We will deliver TRAINING WEBINARS, VIDEOS AND LIVE CHATS on relevant subjects like anxiety, behaviour, food issues, resilience, home-schooling and resilience.
A weekly timetable of events will be published on our website, Facebook news page and Facebook group so please stay in touch with one of these for the latest events.
- We will provide affordable access to emergency TELEPHONE COUNSELLING for parents struggling with mental health issues.
Fees will be subsidised and based on whether you are in work. We can offer up to 3 sessions to parents who access this service. Counselling will be provided by a highly experienced and reputable practice who are registered with the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
If you would like to make a self referral to this service please click here to complete contact form.
For any other enquiries relating to this service please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will provide TELEPHONE BEFRIENDING to parents who would benefit from the emotional support and understanding of another parent-carer. We can offer up to 6 sessions to parents who access this service.
For further information or to access this service please email our Face-2-Face Co-ordinator, Rachel Fielding, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will host VIDEO CONFERENCING sessions on Zoom to allow our Umbrellas members to stay connected (new members are very welcome!).
For further information or a schedule of upcoming sessions please contact our Outreach Co-ordinator, Hannah Delmar-Addy at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will use our FACEBOOK GROUP to enable parents to stay connected and reach out for emotional and practical support including help with shopping, deliveries, etc.
To join our group click here:
We will be providing much more detail on all of the above in the days and weeks ahead so please keep visiting this page or sign up to one of our Facebook pages to stay up-to-date. Challenging times may lie ahead for our community but we will do everything we possibly can to help families through this crisis.
Stay SafeStay Connected