Stay Safe. Stay Connected.
In the challenging times we find ourselves in Reaching Families has been required to reinvent how it works, use technology and creativity to reach families in need and find new ways of ensuring parents and families in our community can stay connected. Building on our experience providing information, training and peer support we have adjusted our work to offer parents and families the following wide range of support during the Coronavirus outbreak:
- We provide up-to-date INFORMATION on Coronavirus including researching and publishing a series of relevant FACT SHEETS for our families. Please check our General Information, FAQs page, News page, Facebook news page for regular updates.
- We deliver TRAINING WEBINARS, VIDEOS AND LIVE CHATS on relevant subjects like anxiety, behaviour, food issues, home-schooling, mindfulness and resilience.
A weekly timetable of events will be published on our website, Facebook news page and Facebook group so please stay in touch with one of these for the latest events. You can also stay up-to-date by joining our mailing list.
- We provide affordable access to emergency TELEPHONE COUNSELLING for parents struggling with mental health issues.
Thanks to grant funding fees will are subsidised* and based on whether you are in work. We can offer up to 3 sessions to parents who access this service. Counselling is provided by a highly experienced and reputable practice who are registered with the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
*Cost: £10 per session (£5 if you are on work related benefits)
If you would like to make a self referral to this service please click here to complete the contact form.
For any other enquiries relating to this service please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We provide TELEPHONE BEFRIENDING to parents who would benefit from the emotional support and understanding of another parent-carer during these difficult times. We can offer up to 6 sessions to parents who access this service.
For further information or to access this service please email our Face-2-Face Co-ordinator, Rachel Fielding, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We deliver our UMBRELLAS support group virtually every week via ZOOM to allow our members to stay connected (new members are very welcome!).
For further information or a schedule of upcoming sessions please contact our Outreach Co-ordinator, Hannah Delmar-Addy at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We use our FACEBOOK GROUP to enable parents to stay connected and reach out for emotional and peer support and keep up-to-date with local and national news.
To join our group click here:
Stay SafeStay Connected